Sunday, November 15, 2009

Two November moods

Monday, November 9th


Wednesday, November 11th

It's quite amazing how the mood can change from one day to another, and all that is needed is a bit of sun. But, for some weird reason I also like the mood of the first picture, melancholy as it is. Maybe it's something to do with Finnish mentality? Generally speaking, though, I wouldn't mind if the year skipped straight from early October to the late January or so.

Having quite a lovely weekend: it was my elder nephew's 10th birthday, so I went with my parents who have been visiting. Also present were, in addition to the whole of my brother's family of course, my sister and her boyfriend, my sister-in-law's brother and his wife. The food was wonderful, as is always the case with the stuff prepared by my sister-in-law, and lively time was had with a house full of people (one of whom is a highly energetic almost-5-year-old). My elder nephew is very much a rock guy, so I got him a t-shirt of his favourite band and also a wall flag. They seemed to be to his liking.

2 comments:

grace said...

what a great weekend with your family Maria. Good times!

I too love the first photo. the reeds, on the water's edge , in the morning November foggy mist....a little piece of home here. I could to skip right through the next few months, maybe to aprilish for me!

we typically should get rains starting december and straight through to march on a normal winter. Last winter was very dry, with the whole month of January in the 80 degree temp. highly unusual. we have some making up to do.

Hans said...

Just skipping the bloody November would be OK for me!
December always brings some snow up here at my latitudes and that lightens up my mood several dB:s