Sunday, August 08, 2010

Testing...

Nothing particular to say, I'm just testing the blogging client that's integrated in the KDE desktop I use in Linux. Called Blogilo.

This is the trailer to the new BBC series 'Sherlock' which sadly ends to the last 1,5 hour episode today. I sure hope they make more! UPDATE: judging by how the last episode ended, I'm sure they will. Hope it's sooner rather than later.


This time, Holmes is transferred to modern time. I was suspicious beforehand whether it works but it does, wonderfully. Quite a timely modernisation, too: there are already shows like 'House' where Dr. House is definitely a Holmesian character. Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes is perfect (apparently the role was written with him in mind, too). Brilliant, intense, downright manic, dramatic, eccentric, egocentric, gets his kicks out of solving crimes = puzzles, charismatic but manipulative - he is a borderline sociopath after all. Or, as Holmes says himself, "I'm not a psychopath, Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!". Not a person you'd like to spend time with, let alone live with. But SO entertaining in fiction.

The show's also full of fantastic quotes:

Holmes: "Shut up!"
DI Lestrate: "I didn't say anything."
Holmes: "You were thinking. It's annoying."

Watson: "It's a skull."
Holmes: "Friend of mine. Well, I say friend..."

"Dear god, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
"Look at you lot, you're all so vacant! Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing."

Someone's already put the previous two episodes on Youtube. Easy to find if one searches with the actor's name ("Benedict Cumberbatch") and then selects Search options > Sort by > Upload date. The first episode is called "A Study in Pink" and the second one "The Blind Banker".

6 comments:

ginab said...

maybe I'll watch. But on your first paragraph I thought you were about to write: I hope they make LOVE.

Different episode. ;-)

E.L. Wisty said...

A most interesting misreading there ;-)

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Maria,
Must look for the new Sherlock series here. I am not much of a tv watcher, and tend to miss all the new series.

xx
AM

ginab said...

ha ha ha ha ha ;-)

grace said...

looks interesting. More so than alot of the crime drama's that are on TV at the moment.

Vallypee said...

Sounds great!! Maria. I must go look for it now I'm finally on holiday! Yay!!!