Saturday, August 21, 2010

Oh the pretty things

The workmen were about to come to install the balcony glass at 8 am the other day so I thought I might as well get up some hours earlier to catch the sunrise as I'd been meaning to do. So, up I got very early, with the birds and the rabbits (saw the latter about) and made my way to the beach to wait for the sun's rising a bit before 6 am. I saw a fox on the way!

Late August sunrise is sleepy and slow.

I don't usually do sunrise or sunset photos, because they're such cliched subjects and because it's taking photos of pretty subjects rather than taking photos that are affecting (in whatever way) or beautiful in themselves. The two are very different things, and I usually try to go for the latter. Plus, at the risk of sounding like a tosser, it doesn't take much skill to get a pretty sunrise or sunset photo.

But it sure is very pretty isn't it?

7 comments:

grace said...

true, there is no skill in it, but if you catch that right set of colours or position of the clouds, then it's a one of a kind.
Nice sunrise here

ginab said...

bountiful sunrise, good morning world. lovely. I like you saw a fox, too. ahh.

I love the flow of the water here, and how the light shows of its shadows.

-ginab

Hans said...

Remarkable sunrises and sunsets here in Finland this summer! I think the excessive red colours has something to do with the wildfires in Russia. The smoke particles high up in the atmosphere scatters the red light.

You have been there exactly in the right moment to catch the best of it!

Anne-Marie said...

Maria,

it does take the effort to get up, though. Did anyone else notice the red ball in the water?

xx
AM

Vallypee said...

I know what you mean Maria, because Koos shares your views, and I guess I do too, although beauty is always something we want to share isn't it? And yes, it is a very pretty sunset so thank you so much for showing us!

Vallypee said...

PS Lovely to see a fox though! That was worth getting up early for in itself no?

grace said...

Happy Birthday Maria, hope you have a fantastic day. :)