Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ho ho!

I'm just glad because the cough didn't keep me awake last night anymore. It's back to swimming this weekend for sure!

This is a bit of experimentation, sparked by opportunity. The picture is founded on a photograph, taken of tree branches in strong wind with slow shutter speed, which was then manipulated (colour, contrast). I was actually trying to capture the violent movement of the branches in the wind, but the result lended itself better for a painting-like autumn picture. In any case I' fairly pleased.

This past monday, I just knew I had to go to Suomenlinna for photography. It always turns out great when I have such a strong feeling. Hopefully there'll be some more sunny days before the autumn colours are gone. I need to go back to Suomenlinna, because my visit on monday was cut a bit short because I had other things to do.


A lucky shot, with that bird there, coming back from Suomenlinna.

I've mainly been doing final corrections to my article so I can send it off later this week, but I also added plenty of pictures to my photo site. Next week there's another funding application to write but I'll think about that next week.

3 comments:

grace said...

Absolutely beautiful colours and skies. The clouds with the bird....perfect.

Dale said...

Hi Maria

Beautiful photos! Just last week I was looking at a sky filled with cloud criss-crossed with airplane trails.
I was also watching an eagle wheel and dive outside my front deck, as it looked for fish in the lake below.

The photo of the tree is neat - and it does look like a painting!

E.L. Wisty said...

Grace: a bird in the sky - really gives you a feel of freedom, doesn't it?