Thursday, December 09, 2010

My unfortunate bike

...or "A Lesson in Laziness"

The thing is, the bike storage of my building is rather small. I don't know why. Maybe biking wasn't as popular in the 60s when the house was built as it is now. There used to be space in it, but then more residents bought bikes or more keen bikers moved in, one or the other. Now you have to watch out for someone to take his/her bike out before you can get yours in. I always meant to watch out for that... until the other morning I found my bicycle submerged. It's chained to the bike rack underneath the snow, too. Teaches me about being lazy, eh? The snow has reached about half a meter (1 and 2/3 ft.) and it's expected to snow some more tonight. Maybe people in Lapland will soon start travelling to Helsinki to experience proper winter!

4 comments:

grace said...

ooh, it' looks awfully cold and snowy for a bike ride, Maria. I think it's in hibernation right now ;)

grace said...

ps: you must have a good clothing storage of thermal underwear.

Vallypee said...

Oh poor bike, Maria! Mine looked rather similar a week ago, but the snow didn't stay for long enough to heap up quite so much as yours here. I don't think you are being lazy...it's quite dangerous to cycle in the snow, especially in busy city streeets. Beautiful photo by the way!

E.L. Wisty said...

Oh, I wasn't going to cycle on it, just move it to the storage! The bike's been outside the house, unused, since autumn!