Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The first dip

First swim in the sea just now! About +17 C. Nice and refreshing on this hot summer day!

I think I'll make this a habit. I'm getting up very early these days anyway - though not entirely by choice: in the summer I like to sleep in the sofa in my living room, because I can keep the balcony door wide open, so that the air is cool enough to let me sleep properly. I like the air very cool. The balcony is towards the front yard of this block of flats, which is fine - except now: they're doing work on the water pipes or whatever, in the yard, and they start work at 7 am with the big machines, tearing the asphalt and digging the ground. I don't mind though, because mornings are the best time in the summer.

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

You can take a dip in the sea each morning if you want? What a lucky girl you are. I wouldn't dare swim in Lake Ontario for fear of what might start growing on me.

Enjoy the weather as both our countries go into their best season!

xx
AM