Sunday, October 11, 2009

Some more experimentation


The theme here is urban anonymity. Just experimenting and having fun doing so.

By the way, my referring to urban anonymity might make it sound like I found the urban existence a negative experience. Not so. I do not feel anonymous in the city and the city is where I want to be. But I do know there are many lonely people in the large cities of the world, people who do feel anonymous, detached; and I sympathize with them.

Actually, I should say the theme is anonymity in general, however one defines it or whatever kind one feels or is familiar with.

5 comments:

grace said...

I complete get the theme Maria. Thought so before reading your post, just the title and photo. A perfect definition.

Vallypee said...

Me too, and I like the photo too. Your experimenting is producing some great results. Are you only using your DSLR these days, or do you still use your powershot?

E.L. Wisty said...

I did use the powershot in the music festivals in the summer, because they didn't allow DSLR's. But otherwise... no. I might take the powershot as well to Greece though, in case I want to do a video at some point.

Anne-Marie said...

I love looking at you photographs, Maria. You have such an original point of view, and you're not afraid to try new things and roll with it.

Loneliness does not necessarily follow anonymity in city life. I have treasured my anonymity since moving away from the neighbourhood where I teach,and I couldn't be happier.

Have a great time in Greece.

E.L. Wisty said...

I agree with you completely, Anne-Marie. I think I would go crazy living in a small community where everyone knows everyone else.