Sunday, January 03, 2010

The moon rises


I took this on Christmas day actually. It's full moon now, or was last night anyway. Should go out and get wintery moon pictures, but it's so cold out there. I should get quilted overalls. Well, the moon has got to be in the top 5 of most photographed subjects so it's not like there's a lack of moon photographs around.

I got my first picture sold through the photo bureau I'm a member of, woohoo! The picture that was sold was this: LINK. Buyer was the Ministry of the Environment, no less! Hopefully they'll use the picture for some publication of great visibility. ;-)

7 comments:

Little Higg said...

Golf clap!



peace,

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats on the photo sale! Yes, I agree, much too cold out to be taking pictures.

xx
AM

Vallypee said...

Oh well done Maria! That's great news! This one is lovely too by rhe way.

Vallypee said...

An excellent choice too. I like the symmetry abd colur of those blue balconies against the greyish building.

bookworm said...

Hi Maria,

congratulations about your sold pic. I love it. We got the snow, too. All looks so beautiful.

Have a great week
Love
Stefan

grace said...

Congratulations Maria.

We are in full moon aswell at the moment, but the past couple of days were rainy and foggy so alas no viewing, but we are warm and clear now, should be bright tonite. Nice moon shot.

Lucy said...

Congratulations Maria. That is WONDERFUL news. How strange it must feel to have your photo be someone else's possession now! But wow, it's a BEAUT! Now we can expect to see more. :-)

Love the moon shot too -- so perfectly cut in half.

Do you like pinhole photography too by any chance? I would love to get back into that one day... (tried it when I was a kid)...

Happy 2010!
- Lucy :-)