Thursday, December 25, 2008

Regent's Canal

Alright, here are some assorted pictures along Regent's Canal. I only walked a short way of it, from Victoria Park to about Kingsland Road, a couple of kilometers I guess. Would be good to one day walk the entire length of the canal. Well, perhaps in the spring or summer.

Graffiti, graffiti everywhere. This just on the opposite shore when going to the canal past my hotel.

View through Canal bridges, taken on monday, the 15th December. I recall this bridge is the next one from that of Cambridge Heath Road, towards Islington (going to opposite direction from the Cambridge Heath Road bridge, you reach Victoria Park after half a mile). Pardon me for using such a terribly touristy expression, but I think there's something wonderfully quaint about that shop sign, "Ron's Eel and Shell Fish". I wonder if eels and shell fish make good business, or is the sign old, and the business since expanded to other types of fish?

A small canal lock further towards Islington, on monday. Unfortunately I didn't get any good, detailed pictures of the lock.

Cloudy day on the canal, on the way to Islington. The red building on the left is a school, I think.

A lifebuoy by the canal close to the school in the above picture. No doubt a necessary implement when you have a school so close to water.

Sleepy, misty morning on Regent's Canal (Victoria Park on the left), on tuesday, 16th of December.

2 comments:

Two Hands Caricaturist and 1 cut 2 pieces Silhouette Artist said...

Interesting photos!

Vallypee said...

Aaah, the canal. My favourite feature in London.I like the first photo in particular, even the graffiti for once. I like the different levels, the reflection, the warehouse windows and the bicycle on the balcony. Live art! The bridge, and also the last one by the park are my next favourites...lovely peaceful water. Thanks Maria; hope your Christmas was good dear xx