Friday, November 12, 2010

The sea awaits


On the evening of wednesday, after I'd got my camera back, I went to the seaside. There is something at the same time frightening and extremely beautiful in the dark, restless sea.

The sea is also otherwise relevant here, as I decided to book a little weekend trip to Tallinn. I'll be going tomorrow, staying overnight and coming back on sunday. 68 euros for the ferry + hotel is not bad. My hotel is also very handily located right by the port terminal. Judging by reviews it's excellent value, although it being weekend, I'm hoping not many Finnish drunken booze tourists will be staying there. They're predicting cloudy weather, so I'm probably going to go to Lasnamäe to see if those endless concrete blocks look different than in the summer sun.

4 comments:

grace said...

ominous. Have a good weekend. Sound like a perfect getaway.

Dale said...

For Spring?

There's a beauty in the bitter cold!

Vallypee said...

Enjoy it Maria, and I'm so glad Canon did the right thing for you with your camera. Looking forward to the report when you come back. By the way, your photos are stunning, both the light and the dark.

ginab said...

ooh, yes...enjoy. Lovely image here, as ever.

keep warm xo