Wednesday, November 10, 2010

With Canon you can!

No, I haven't become employed at Canon. I do have a good reason to agree with their slogan so far, though: Canon paid for the repair and I got the camera back fixed today, after just two days! Granted, the new camera was tempting, but my old one will do just fine until such time in the future that I can invest in one of the high-range cameras. :-)

And now, let there be light:

I posted this last year, but personally I feel it's worth posting again since there isn't much of it around at this time of the year. Light, that is. Although, this was in November, so maybe there'll be a day like that again this month! Real King Arthur tales, Lady of the Lake stuff it was.

5 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

That is indeed impressive, Maria. I am very happy you've got your arm extension back. :)

xx
AM

grace said...

Terrific Maria! Got you old camera fixed and saved yourself some money :)

Dale said...

Ah, yes! The Mists of Avalon... very beautiful.

I am so glad you got your camera back and fixed in record time! You must be tickled pink!
I can now look forward to more photos with your name on them, Maria.

xx

ginab said...

lovely! I imagine you had a different named and a real king. who he?

E.L. Wisty said...

Oh, there are no kings in Finnish mythology as such. There are basically two regions or clans, the North which is ruled by Louhi, Mistress of the North, and the South, whose sort of a leader is Wainamoinen, a deity whose power is in music and song and who was there before the world was created.

A national romantic painting of Wainamoinen:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Ekman_Vainamoinen.jpg

Another sort of a painting:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/V%C3%A4in%C3%A4m%C3%B6isen_l%C3%A4hto.jpg