Wednesday, May 20, 2009

4.30 am


I got up at 4 am this morning, in order to reach the nearby park by the sea by 4.30 am which is when the sun rises now. Right in the moment of sunrise the sky was clouded, but the water on the bay began to shine in silvery hue. About one hour later the sun came out, the most brilliant sight one could see. And the morning dew! Dew drops on every blade of grass! I was very sleepy but was happy that I went, not least because of the marvellous concert of birds which seemed to come from every tree around the path that follows the shore to the park. As I was walking, a blackbird flew onto a branch two, three meters away from me. It was not afraid of me - perhaps not anticipating one of the upright-walking creatures at such a time in the morning - and as it sat there, it sang! As common as the blackbird is, its singing is among the most distinct and beautiful among birds.

I'll post more pictures after I have sorted them out.

7 comments:

Ricardo Silva Reis said...

A kiss from Portugal.
Very nice blog.
Ricardo

bookworm said...

Hi Maria,

you get up so early in the morning? If I get up at such a time, I will be sleeping all day long. You will be reward with a fantastic picture. I love it. Great!

Wish you a fantastic day.
Love
Stefan

E.L. Wisty said...

Ricardo,

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Stefan,

Oh no, I don't normally get up so early! I just got into my mind to do it now because I never have.

Anne-Marie said...

Kudos to you for the early rise. I could never do it, and you were rewarded by such a pretty picture.

xx
AM

grace said...

oh no, that is 4 30 am! oh that is so bright. beautiful but bright.

being up that early you deserved a good picture :)

Vallypee said...

That's the time for the best light ever, and your photo shows it. Stunning Maria! That's what makes a real photographer ;-)