Saturday, May 30, 2009

I hereby declare summer officially opened

Yesterday I biked all the way to the easternmost part of Helsinki, to Vuosaari and there to the Kallahti peninsula. Clear, blue sky, sun, warm. I took off my sandals and walked on the beach, the warm sand delightfully tickling my toes. Then, with trouser legs rolled up, I splashed around in the shallow, clear water by the shore, the coolness and the gentle waves around my ankles just as delightful as the sand had been a moment before. I present these pictures as evidence of my toes in both environments. Yes indeed: it's summer!


(Note: no swimming was involved as of yet. The Baltic is far too cold for that this early in the summer.)

3 comments:

Vallypee said...

LOL Maria! I love your sand toes. They look like small beasties emerging from the earth! Great that it's so warm already isn't it? We are having a super weekend of sunshine and clear skies here too. Have fun!

Anne-Marie said...

Yes, it's open season for the toes! We've finally hit our stride here too, weather wise.

Enjoy it- you and I both know how long the winter is until we get there.

xx
AM

grace said...

great photos!

Happy Summer Maria, I would imagine your water is just as cold as ours right now.

enjoy