Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Now we're talking!


I bought one of these Baden-Baden chairs (I think that's their name) today, the sort that you can adjust to anything between sitting and reclining position. They're on summer sale in many places now, about 45 euros. Perfect for reading a book on the balcony, perhaps with a cold drink or a cup of coffee beside on the table! If only the summery weather returned now. It's raining and very windy this week so far.

Oh well, a good time to write that conference paper or to listen to my recently acquired CDs, like Two Suns by Bat For Lashes. Much hyped by just about every indie-conscious individual and their parrot but for once it seems to be worth all the hype.

5 comments:

grace said...

Great price!

I love this chair. It looks perfect to relax in. :)

MargieCM said...

That chair looks just the thing to relax in - and I need it, having spent the last half an hour swearing at my computer. It's a new one, and my IT-savvy (?)neigbour swore he moved ALL my programs and files over, but I find I have half the programs, no flash player, no desk icons, none of my personal files, the internet keeps crashing because certain things aren't enabled, and he's removed my administrator ID so I can't fix any of it! GRRRR!

Meanwhile, however, I was just drooling over your last batch of photographs. The one with the shards of glass in the foreground - oh wow. The ones that struck me most powerfully though were those with the grafitti-ed windows. It's like being inside an urban-waste version of a cathedral, with paint in place of the stained glass. Such a brilliant statement, as well as being great pictures in themselves. I especially love the one with the chair (the sole pew?) and the old heater against the wall that is reminiscent of an altar. The imagery is just so strong for me; perhaps for you though they are entirely different.

Anyway, enough projection - I hope your Summer weather improves again!

bookworm said...

Hi Maria,

Baden-Baden is a town in Germany. It looks good to have a rest and to read a good book in this chair.

Have a great sitting.
Love
Stefan

E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Grace, Well, some sun today so got the chair tested. It's perfect indeed. :-)

Hi Margie, arghhh. And computers were supposed to make things easier! You pretty much nailed the thoughts those chairs in front of the graffiti windows evoked in me when I saw them. "Urban-waste version of a cathedral" is so wonderfully put.

Hi Stefan, It indeed is a town in Germany, and a spa town at that. So a very appropriate place to have given its name to the chairs! Hope you're having a good summer.

Vallypee said...

HI Maria, I missed this one. How nice your balcony looks with the chair, table and plants, and the decking is lovely too. I really like those wooden sections. Very classy!