Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Strange occurrence

Last night, as usual, I slept with the balcony door open. At 2 or 3 am I was awakened to someone treading on me! I opened my eyes, and there was a cat standing on me and staring! I wasn't startled, but asked him (or her): 'Hello! How did you get in here??' at which he jumped off and went back to the balcony.

It was the neighbour's white cat. I guess the neighbour had accidentally removed the obstacle from the bit of balcony fence between his balcony and mine. Finding the road open, the cat had started off and, seeing my balcony door open, had crept in to investigate.

I closed the door, and I guess the cat eventually went home, as he wasn't in the balcony in the morning.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Good that you documented this; who knows, sometime in the future it may signify something coincidental that happened at that moment, that you are as yet unaware of. Maybe the cat was trying to serve as a messenger of some sort.

grace said...

That...is...very...strange Maria. Be aware of what is going on in your life.
Animals are messengers. yes.
hmm?

Vallypee said...

Lucy and Grace could be on to something here Maria, but it could also be that the cat was just being curious as cats often are! They see a door open and have to go through it!

E.L. Wisty said...

Yes, I think I'll stick to the mundane explanation too.

Speaking of which, the cat's curiosity wasn't satisfied with the one time. Just now I was at my computer in the other room. I heard some kind of a sound in the corner just to the right from the desk. I turned my head... and the cat was there, reaching at the window! I hadn't heard a thing! The owner has some kind of an obstacle made of wire set up on the balcony fence, but as I noticed now, the cat can jump through/over it. I'll have to talk to the owner, or else device some kind of a firmer obstacle myself. I don't mind the cat, I like cats, but it's not a good idea to have it get used to coming to my side.

Vallypee said...

Yep, sounds like you've got an incurably curious moggy there, Maria. My daughter's cat is a constant embarrassment to her as it seems to want to be everywhere else except home!