Thursday, October 16, 2008

A couple of night shots

These are from tuesday, just the first tries at night photography with the new camera. The view is to the Sompasaari docks (link in google maps).



I couldn't resist today going and buying a proper Manfrotto tripod. I really do need it, being interested in night photography (among other things). Especially if you use very small apertures and long exposures, you need to keep the camera absolutely still, and many times when you want a picture of something there just isn't anything to rest the camera on. I think that's it with camera gear for me for a long time. Better learn the camera properly with the basic lens first, before going about getting anything else. Luckily I have no need to buy camera gear just to have it - this is a very specific class of amateur photographers: people for whom photography mainly seems to be about competing on who's got the biggest... lens.

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

Agh Maria, this is fantastic! Stunning image, and well worth the tripod to prove it. Well done!

Vallypee said...

I should have said images. Brilliant!