Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Dark woods

This I find quite successful in terms of how it uses the light and the strong darkness and the simple elements to create a mood - to my eyes a slightly ominous, "don't go into the woods" mood.

I neglected to mention that I got my first picture sold on Vastavalo, the Finnish photo bureau I'm a member of, on the weekend! Yay! Nothing major: it was one of the (work-related) images purchased for web usage, for someone's personal website. Also, it won't make me rich: the sale price is 30 euros, the photographer gets about 50%, then there's probably tax, so that leaves about 7 euros. But it's a start, a foot in the doorway so to speak! :-)


2 comments:

grace said...

congrats Maria.

Spooky photo, lets the mind take you and make you think of scary things.

Vallypee said...

Well done Maria!!! That must be such a rewarding feeling to have sold your first photo.

This one has a wonderfully eerie feel about it. Almost like a film set.