Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Red and Round


Actually one of the photos (see the rest of them here, latest seven photos) in a specific project. Sounds rather grand, that word, but Vastavalo, the photo bureau I'm a member of, has a section for customer requests: if someone is looking for a specific kind of picture, a request is posted in the section, asking photographers to offer such pictures among their work that fit the specifications. Then the list is sent to the customer, and he/she picks the picture/pictures he/she likes (if any). On monday, someone was looking for a picture to be used as an artwork on living room wall: preferably abstract but not absolutely necessary, two colours, grey and red, should have a largish, roundish thing in red. Quite a few photographers posted their suggestions. At first I thought I wouldn't have anything to offer, but then I got a large red cup, some tomatoes and some grey cardboard for background and started experimenting. Not exactly abstract but it was immensely enjoyable and quite inspiring too to play around with the "ingredients".

2 comments:

bookworm said...

Hi Maria,

great pic with the tomato.
I love tomatos and if I'm going to find some to cook I try to get tomatos. First I thought it is a red ball, but as I saw the other pics I know it was wrong.
With fruits you can make a lot of great pics and if you're ready to took the photos, the fruits are a good meal.

Love
Stefan

Vallypee said...

What fun and what an inspiration, Maria! I like this one very much, but I also love the one with the tomato in the cup, as well as the increasing close ups. Great experiment and very effective. If I were the customer, I'd like to have the whole series on my wall...