Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'll take my words back




Well how about that! The Lions Club may have been right after all. Today was the most brilliant late winter/early spring day you could ever wish. And as ever when there's snow on such a day it was SO white and SO bright, you could get snow blindness with too much of it I bet. Took this one on the bayside promenade in the city. Perfect spot for a bit of sunbathing!

I was fascinated by the stark contrast provided by the bright light and the white of the snow.

I was so happy that I got up in good time and so got going to the library early, so I had time to enjoy the sun, because some clouds started to gather by about midday. Amazing what a spot of sun can do for work energy too!

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I love a sunny, bright winter day, and we have been fortunate this year to have more than our usual share. Some people here complain about the snow, but I's rather have snow and sun than dull, grey rainy skies.

I love your photos.

xx
AM

Vallypee said...

Oh Maria, these photos are fantastic. I LOVE the contrasting images and especially the lonely bench....but I like the lonesome people too. Really great images!

grace said...

ah, yes, nothing like sunshine, weather it is warm or cold with snow! :) Glad you got up to see it.