Saturday, February 14, 2009

People

These were all taken in the last few days. What I'm currently most interested in is taking unforced pictures of city life, of people in the city: ordinary situations, sometimes "point and shoot" photography, sometimes using special stylistic choices if and when the situation seems to be suited for that.

People by a metro station.
I like the gentleman with the beard, and just generally the composition.


A waiting man.
This was in the same square, close to the metro station, as the first picture. Excellent pose here!


School boys
These boys were coming from the comprehensive school nearby. I love the swagger of the kid in the middle, especially the scarf hanging from his back pocket. :-)


Workman
I think this is installation work of broadband cables.


Waiting for the bus
Black and white seemed to fit the mood here. Other than that, in colour the lights in the buildings at the background might have distracted from the subject.

2 comments:

MargieCM said...

A lovely eclectic collection Maria. Perfect, ordinary moments captured in time, giving them a new permanence. Time standing still is such an interesting concept, and it's funny to wonder where these pople are now and what they are doing elsewhere than on this page.

I really liked your "thought for the day". I love the way the same piece of music is do different for everyone who hears it. it's part of the nature of art in general I suppose; the human experience of the viewer or listener will always be part of its life after creation, and will allow it to exist on levels not always intended by the artist.

Lucy said...

I like your b/w one a lot, Maria.

And the man in front of the bus? schedule -- I love how it says "INFO" above his head. ;-)

The cable guy worker -- looks just like a scene out of my town -- Toledo. Could be anywhere in the (northern) U.S. It's a good thing he doesn't have a plumber crack showing! (LOL)