Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Reefs in the Wind

A long time since I've done a video. In fact the last video I uploaded was six months ago! I got a bigger camera bag that has room for the PowerShot S5 along with the SLR stuff, so it's lovely to carry everything around and take out whichever camera happens to suit the situation. Just the sort of thing I like.

This one was yesterday. Such a beautiful day again, very sunny and not so cold as on saturday, so I walked some of the way to the library, along the shore. I thought the reefs (I don't know their real name) were so beautiful in the wind.


Reefs in the Wind from Maria Niku on Vimeo.

Now back to Alan Partridge. The Alan Partridge box I ordered from HMV arrived today so I'm having a fabulous time. Not only does the box have the entirety of Knowing Me, Knowing You and I'm Alan Partridge, it's also got lots and lots of extras, including Alan's Christmas special, Alan's Yuletide and commentary audio track for the first series of I'm Alan Partridge - two separate commentary tracks: one by Alan and his PA Lynn, the other by Steve Coogan and the director of the series. Looking forward to that. :-)

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Maria,
I really do like the black and white, and the uneven swaying of wind. Very nice.

I am also impressed with the snow photos. We are once again under another snowfall today, and it's just beautiful. I have loved this white winter.

xx
AM

Vallypee said...

Lovely movements in the wind, Maria. I'm surprised they're not buried under snow though!

Lucy said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous film, Maria. In fact, I went and looked at all of your short films last week -- forgot to tell you.

They're really great.

I LOVE short films! And the more silent, the better, too.